From 1st April 2006 a new pricing structure came into effect. The amount you pay depends on the treatment you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy. There are three bands of treatment with only 3 charges, your treatment will fall into one of the bands outlined below.
£18 This charge will include an examination ,diagnosis, and preventive advice . If necessary it will include x-rays, scale and polish and planning for further treatment.
£49.00 This charge includes all the necessary treatment covered by the £18.00 charge plus added treatment such as fillings, root canal treatment, extractions & longer appointments with the hygienist to treat gum disease.
£214 This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £18.00 and £49.00 treatment charges plus more complex procedures such as crowns dentures or bridges.
If you need more treatment at the same charge level, for example an extra filling within 2 months of completing a course of treatment, this will be free of charge.
Treatment required urgently or in an emergency will cost £18.00
Further information about NHS Dental provision can be obtained from NHS choices web site. http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/
The following groups qualify for free NHS treatment:
1. If you are under 18 or under 19 and in full time education.
2. If you or your partner receives Income support, Working Family Tax Credit, Disability Working Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee.
3. If you are pregnant or have had a baby in the last 12 months.
4. If you are on a low income or are a student you may qualify for
an NHS exemption certificate. Ask at reception for form HC1.
We offer many private treatment options for treatments not available on the N.H.S. In addition we are able to offer improved materials and techniques for many procedures .These include:
1. Superior quality dentures
2. White fillings in back teeth.
3. Tooth coloured crowns and gold crowns on back teeth.
4. Porcelain veneers to whiten and straighten teeth.
5. Tooth Whitening
6. Longer and more involved appointments with our hygienist